More Results - late 2007

More Results - late 2007

Today I decided it was time for the first modifications.

Since this puppy works like a charm, I’ve decided to add a larger fan to the exhaust.

I think it will be able to maintain the additional airflow.

I’ve removed the lower glass panel, which had broken during the first installation.

Since I had a spare pane, today was the day to change it.

Here is the galvanized ductwork out of the heater and in the snow

.


This was the perfect time for paint touch ups.

A little black paint and the blemishes are gone!




Electrical detail with the new larger fan (red and blue wires).

Here you can see the thermostat, four small fans that connect the lower and upper collectors, and new larger fan to exhaust the heat into the house.

The very first collector on the bottom panel had to be custom fitted to accommodate the new, bulkier fan.

Using my aircraft aluminum shears, I trimmed away the back part of the ducting to rough in an opening for the fan.


Thank you very much for looking at my page!

Blog about my project if you want, I appreciate any backlinks!

This PROJECT is now two years old. I welcome any comments but due to the volume, I cannot ANSWER them all.

2 comments:

Edmond Haarman said...

Hello,

I come from holland and here is not so many solar power.

But in Zweden I will build a huge solarheater for warming up our house in the winter.

I already have made a PVC panel that turns to the sun by a seeker.

You can see pictures of it on my website. WWW.edmond-son.nl
The information on your is very clear and good to use. Thank you

Well have a nice day greetings from Holland. Met vriendelijke groeten Edmond Haarman.

Unknown said...

I was surfing for some renewable work and got to read your post. I am obsessed with this one. Very informative. Keep sharing this.

Professional Power Project